Thursday 19 November 2009

november

house of masks, godless eyes and ursula, MEATY,

i have loads of ideas in my head at the moment and it's really difficult translating it into some preposterous masterpiece that i've been hiding in my head for 18 years. lol.

"...not saying Ruby's music was so powerful it evoked this tremendous emotion/nostalgia; just that I was sixteen years old and far too aware of my own awkward limbs and acne, and I was at a rich boy's house drinking one of Lee's makeshift cocktails ("It has three spirits in it. No I'm not telling you what ones! OK, one begins with G...") and wearing a mask and tight jeans and a baggy vest and a sequined silver jacket, and one of my best friends was singing in public and wasn't awful, and everyone else in the room was hopefully a few years older than me; my collective paranoias (both Oedipal and post-modern) had me swollen in gratitude to whatever God had sat me down in that sweaty chamber that night and - in short - I was David K Barely, embarrassingly impressionable and absolutely alive."

No comments:

Post a Comment